Fall in Greater Grand Rapids
We’ve included activities and businesses that will make your autumn months in Grand Rapids fantastic and fun! Check them out below:
Robinette’s is a Grand Rapids hotspot and the place to be! In the fall, they offer so many activities that make for a fun day with family. Some of those activities include: a corn maze, a petting zoo, hayrides, trails, u-pick apples, wine tasting, and so much more! Experience Robinette’s for yourself, you won’t be disappointed!
Typically mid-September to early-October
ArtPrize is the biggest contemporary art exhibition in the US, which features up to 1,500 artists competing for $500,000 in prize money. In Grand Rapids we are so fortunate to host this event because it makes for a ton of fun and celebration of art in the fall months.
Go for a Hike at a GR Area Park
Grand Rapids is miraculously double-faced as you have a booming city scene, but also an array of picturesque parks full of nature. Some of our favorite places to hike are Millenium Park, Grand Ravines, Blandford Nature Center, and the Calvin Ecosystem Preserve. Fall is the perfect time to hike around Grand Rapids’ beautiful parks.
Heidi’s Corn Maze
With two different mazes for two different difficulty levels, Heidi’s Corn Maze equals a fun night of finding your way through a corn maze with the people you love being with!
Zoo Goes Boo!
John Ball Zoo holds a super fun family event in honor of Halloween with decorations, costumes, candy, and the Zoo’s amazing animals. Kids can dress up and enjoy a night of excitement!
Grand Rapids Griffins Season Opener
The Grand Rapids Griffins are the junior league hockey team that brings in a crowd of fans from all over the city. The opening of their season is in mid October and going to a game is such a fun thing to add to your fall schedule!
Chrysanthemums at Frederik Meijer Gardens
Frederik Meijer Gardens is always a BEAUTIFUL place to visit, especially in the fall when the leaves are changing and the chrysanthemums are presented in the greenhouses!
Pumpkin Patches & Apple Orchards
The Fall is full of family, festivities, and fun in GR. Of course everyone loves the tradition of carving pumpkins and picking apples, so let us introduce you to some of the best places that offer these activities in the Grand Rapids area:
- Dunneback Farms — U-pick apples and pumpkin picking in the pumpkin patch
3025 6 Mile Road Grand Rapids, MI 49544
- Post Family Farm — Pumpkin picking in the pumpkin patch and amazing donuts
5081 Bauer Rd. Hudsonville, MI 49426
- Heidi’s Farmstand — Pumpkin patch, farm market, and corn maze.
11999 Cascade Rd SE, Lowell, MI 49331
- Moelker Orchards — U-pick apples and pumpkin picking in the pumpkin patch
9265 Kenowa Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49534
- Robinette’s — U-pick apples, pumpkin picking, corn maze, wine tasting, an more
3142 4 Mile Rd. NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525
- Schwallier’s Country Basket — U-pick apples, pumpkin picking in the pumpkin patch, corn maze, petting farm, and more
1185 9 Mile Road NW Sparta, Michigan 49345
Cideries in Grand Rapids
What better way to soak in all the Fall feels than to get together with your closest pals and visit one of the many fantastic hard cideries in GR!
- Farmhaus Cider Co — A tucked away hotspot near GVSU’s Allendale campus that truly makes you feel at home while you sip on hard cider and enjoy a conversation with friends.
5025 Stanton St, Hudsonville, MI 49426
- Pink Barrel Cellars—Located at Ed Dunneback and Girls Farm, this cidery has the most aesthetic atmosphere. Enjoy your hard cider while your kiddos enjoy some of the many attractions you can find there!
3025 6 Mile Rd NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49544
- Vander Mill—One thing we love about enjoying a glass of hard cider is the atmosphere that comes along with it! Vander Mill definitely measures up when it comes to a great atmosphere and better cider!
505 Ball Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
539 Leonard St NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
- Thornapple Brewing— A must visit when you find yourself in GR! Try what they have on tap, you will be beyond pleased!!
6262 28th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
IHeartGR is a Real Estate Agency focused on connecting you to the best of Greater Grand Rapids.
If you are looking to make a move in the area, our talented agents would love to help!
>>>Get Started HERE